Oversees the activities carried out in the Other Taxes and New Growth Areas department. Responsible for mobilizing the collection of taxes from new and other tax areas (Road Taxes, Stamp duties, WHT, Ministries, Departments and Agencies
(MDAs), etc.) to widen tax net.
• carries out research on tax administration and new tax/taxable areas and generate statistical and non-statistical information as required,
• collects specific tax based on the volume of revenue generated and/ or on the amount of resources required for tax collection purposes,
• responsible for the administration of state motor licensing registry,
• oversees the issuance of drivers’ licenses, vehicle licenses and number plates,
• interface with federal road safety commission (frsc) vehicle inspection office (vios) traffic compliance and enforcement agency (trace) toward increasing road tax revenue,
• develops techniques for increasing program effectiveness,
• drives and supervises revenue collection from all tax areas excluding personal income tax,
• monitors the revenue collected by other ministries/departments to ensure transparency and accountability.
• participates in the selection process of direct reports,
• engages with direct reports to communicate and agree on performance expectations and goals,
• provides relevant support to team to ensure they work at optimum and deliver on their goals,
• manages performance of direct reports and makes recommendation on promotion and rewards.
• bachelor’s degree in law, accounting, business administration, economics or any related discipline
• knowledgeable about business development
• proficiency in the use of microsoft office suite (microsoft excel, microsoft word, powerpoint)
• leadership skills
• detail oriented
• strategic thinking
• planning and organizing
• adhering to policies and regulations
• oral and written communication skills
· relating and networking
· problem solving
• entrepreneurial and commercial thinking
• certification in one of the following - ican, citn, acca or cfa
• minimum of 15 years corporate experience in financial services with at least 5 years in senior management.